Android doesn't support DHCPv6 out of the box, because Google doesn't want to implement this feature. For some people (especially universities and corporations) this is a serious issue, because they require control over their IPv6 addresses.
This app fixes this issue. It requests an IPv6 address using DHCPv6 and makes your Android future-proof.
For a full explanation on how this app works please refer to the xda-developer thread
Source Code: https://github.com/realm01/DHCPv6-Client-Android
- Get an IPv6 address using DHCPv6
- Choose between WiFi or mobile data
- Set custom interfaces on which you want to do DHCPv6
- Do DHCPv6 on all interfaces
- Invoke the client manually on any Interface