Messaging has become the major mean of communication, however there is still no substitute to *real* phone calling, whether daily errands like calling your son's teacher, saying hi to mom or touching base with a friend once in a while. The challnge is to remember making those calls but more importantly, remember it when you're available for calls (e.g. commuting, walking the dog etc). With FollowApp you will not only become better at commumicating with your network of people, but also do it effectively.
> One-time reminders dial (contacts or phone numbers of temporary, such as calling several plumbers to get a quote)
> Reminders to stay in touch - you will be reminded when it's been a while (configurable) since you spoke to people you care about
> Dialer - enables finding contacts in an intuitive, one-touch dial
> Commuter driven - FollowApp will detect your bluetooth connection and offer to make some calls. The one-touch dialing from your list significantly reduces your distraction from the road comparing to the conventional dialing
> What do you want to talk about? when? you can set these details up so the reminder comes at the right timing, with the information you need
How does it work?
> Upon the initial setup select the contacts with whom it is important for you to keep in touch once in a while (parents, siblings, friends, clients etc)
> On an ongoing basis, you can add new reminders (one-off and repeating)
> Check your "call now" list when you are ready to make some calls
> Enter a vehicle with a headset bluetooth to automatically get reminded about your list
> One-touch dialing to reminders, plus an intuituve dialing to anyone else in your addressbook
> There is no need to update the list after dialing, reminders will disappear automatically after the call
Using Calendar vs FollowApp
Calendar is a great tool for managing the schedule if you have a coordinated call for a specific time, for example a conference call.
That said, our availability for non-urgent calls is dynamic and cannot always be planned ahead.
FollowApp allows you to pull up the calls list whenever you're up to make the calls
First and foremost, please rest assured, we DO NOT collect ANY of your personal information.
We want you to feel comfortable installing FollowApp, so we wanted to explain why we need each permission:
• "Phone calls (directly call phone numbers)" - our app and widget let you call contacts directly with no hassle
• "Phone calls (read phone status and identity)" - allows us to mark your call reminders "done" once a call is completed
• "Your personal information (read call log, read your contacts)" - being used to keep track of your completed and missed calls
• "Network communication (full network access and view network connections)" - a lot of basic android features require internet connection + analytics (NO private data is tracked)
• "System tools - run at startup" - allows FollowApp to add your reminders after restarting your phone