FYI: FREE demo version AddDict Lite is also available in Google Play Store.
FrAddDict is a French-related subset of AddDict, a helper application that downloads and installs offline electronic dictionaries for the so-called dictionary shells such as ColorDict and GoldenDict. The app runs on both phones and tablets with Android ver.2.3.6 or greater.
GoldenDict is much more versatile than ColorDict but either of them understands the DICT-formatted files that any member of the AddDict family can fetch to your Android gadget. In fact, any application that is familiar with DICT format should be able to work with them smoothly. In principle, you can even transfer the downloaded files to your desktop/laptop and then use them with free software such as cURL, Fantasdic, StarDict, etc. on PC, GNOME Dictionary on Linux, OmniDictionary on Mac OS X or SilverDict on Windows Phone, to name just a few.
FrAddDict's user interface is intuitive and self-explanatory while installation process does not require any special interference such as converting files, renaming or moving folders, etc. Both ColorDict and GoldenDict in their default configuration will recognize and index the downloaded files fully automatically thus providing the user with instant access to their new dictionaries.
Currently, there are 16 dictionaries in 5 language pairs (over 500,000 entries) that can be downloaded with FrAddDict ver.1.1.
☆ Source & Target Languages (sorted alphabetically):
☆ Dictionary List
– English-French Harrap's Business Dictionary (16,700 entries)
– French-English Harrap's Business Dictionary (16,000)
– English-French Oxford Hachette Concise Dictionary (36,000)
– French-English Oxford Hachette Concise Dictionary (28,000+)
– English-French Larousse Compact Dictionary (32,000)
– French-English Larousse Compact Dictionary (28,400)
– German-French Larousse Compact Dictionary (32,700)
– French-German Larousse Compact Dictionary (28,300)
– Spanish-French Larousse Compact Dictionary (30,500)
– French-Spanish Larousse Compact Dictionary (27,500)
– Italian-French Larousse Compact Dictionary (25,800)
– French-Italian Larousse Compact Dictionary (29,000)
– German-French Compact Verlag Dictionary (30,000)
– French-German Compact Verlag Dictionary (25,000+)
– French-Russian Comprehensive Dictionary (78,000+)
– Russian-French Comprehensive Dictionary (50,000+)
BTW, FrAddDict has siblings: similar packages whose base language is English, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian or Spanish.
It is worth to note here, that the parent application AddDict can provide all of the above plus much, much more (68 dictionaries in 14 languages, to be exact; over 5 mln.entries)...
Please visit AddDict website (www.igor.host/adddict) to see full description of the available dictionaries and various options.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+