FYI: FREE demo version AddDict Lite is also available in Google Play Store.
GerAddDict is a German-related subset of AddDict, a helper application that downloads and installs offline electronic dictionaries for the so-called dictionary shells such as ColorDict and GoldenDict. The app runs on both phones and tablets with Android ver.2.3.6 or greater.
GoldenDict is much more versatile than ColorDict but either of them understands the DICT-formatted files that any member of the AddDict family can fetch to your Android gadget. In fact, any application that is familiar with DICT format should be able to work with them smoothly. In principle, you can even transfer the downloaded files to your desktop/laptop and then use them with free software such as cURL, Fantasdic, StarDict, etc. on PC, GNOME Dictionary on Linux, OmniDictionary on Mac OS X or SilverDict on Windows Phone, to name just a few.
GerAddDict's user interface is intuitive and self-explanatory while installation process does not require any special interference such as converting files, renaming or moving folders, etc. Both ColorDict and GoldenDict in their default configuration will recognize and index the downloaded files fully automatically thus providing the user with instant access to their new dictionaries.
Currently, there are 17 dictionaries in 7 language pairs (~580,000 entries) that can be downloaded with GerAddDict ver.1.1.
☆ Source & Target Languages (sorted alphabetically):
☆ Dictionary List
– German-French Larousse Compact Dictionary (32,700 entries)
– French-German Larousse Compact Dictionary (28,300)
– English-German Oxford Duden Concise Dictionary (31,000+)
– German-English Oxford Duden Concise Dictionary (43,000+)
– Compact Verlag German Dictionary (49,000)
– German-Spanish Compact Verlag Dictionary (31,000)
– Spanish-German Compact Verlag Dictionary (26,000)
– German-French Compact Verlag Dictionary (30,000)
– French-German Compact Verlag Dictionary (25,000+)
– German-Italian Compact Verlag Dictionary (22,500+)
– Italian-German Compact Verlag Dictionary (20,000)
– German-Polish Compact Verlag Dictionary (15,000+)
– Polish-German Compact Verlag Dictionary (11,000)
– German-English Phrase Book (560)
– English-German Phrase Book (560)
– German-Russian Comprehensive Dictionary (175,000+)
– Russian-German Comprehensive Dictionary (35,000+)
BTW, GerAddDict has siblings: similar packages whose base language is English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian or Spanish.
It is worth to note here, that the parent application AddDict can provide all of the above plus much, much more (68 dictionaries in 14 languages, to be exact; over 5 mln.entries)...
Please visit AddDict website (www.igor.host/adddict) to see full description of the available dictionaries and various options.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+