Tag-the-Cab is primarily focused on (taxi) commuter safety allowing commuters to travel worry-free. It gives users the ability to inform friends and family which cab they are on, and at the same time be informed if the cab they are riding has been tagged with violations and/or bad reviews by other Tag-the-Cab users.
Users can just key in the cab's plate number and check the app's database for reviews/reports shared by co-users. Template SMS messages and tweets containing the cab information are provided as well--- ready to be sent to friends and loved ones with just a click of a button (even without a data plan). This is especially important in urban areas where commuters cannot fully trust their cab drivers. Parents and partners would usually request their loved ones to give/text them full cab information whenever they would take one as some drivers have been reported to swindle and scam passengers. Reporting has also been made easy in Tag-the-Cab. We have listed six (6) violations that users can easily tag a cab with.
Emergency numbers are provided as well.
1. Add new ride and save trips for later viewing, reporting, and/or reviewing.
2. SMS, Twitter, and Facebook support--- with template messages containing inputted info on a cab for easy sharing to family and friends.
3. Check for previously tagged cab (check previous violations).
4. Take and save Photo of cab.
5. Pre-listed violations to tag a cab with: Overcharging/Contracting, No taxi info inside cab, Reckless Driving, Driver not familiar with directions, Verbal abuse, and Physical abuse
6. Emergency numbers
7. Offline (without data plan) capabilities
Just what I need.