About Precise GPS PRO
'Precise GPS' application activates repeatedly GPS sensor for averaging geographical coordinations. More precise estimation of position can be used for geocaching, location or re-location of permanent plots, important places, hardly visible geodetic points etc. The best preciseness was found 1-2 m after 1-6 hours of continual measurement (for exactly measured point). Averaging starts to be more informative after 30-50 independent measurements. The app displays basically two positions: 1) current position as an averaged value of independent GPS measurements and 2) 'Location', which may be defined manually or loaded as previous position from the file.
Differences between FREE and PRO version
- recording to files with user defined names
- management of recorded files
- averaging of unlimited number of values (FREE version is limited to 1000 values)
- three different methods of averaging (weighting by GPS indicated preciseness)
- availability to continue when the data saving is interrupted
- automatic centering of visible area
- navigation from first to second location (with visible compass)
- display of average locations on Google Earth
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+