About GPS Waypoints
Positioning application that collects mapping points (such as points of interest) and paths to perform mapping and surveying activities. The points are acquired with accuracy information and can be tagged with user's specific information. It allows building paths and polygons on the field and measuring distances and perimeters. Both Waypoints and Paths can be exported to a GPX/KML file and thus be processed by a geospatial tool.
The application uses the internal GPS receiver from the mobile device or, alternatively, allows professional users attaining better accuracies with a Bluetooth external GNSS receiver (e.g. <1m).
The application includes the following features:
- Acquire positioning, navigation and precision information;
- Provide details of the visible satellites (GPS, GLONASS and other);
- Create Waypoints, geotag them and convert coordinates into a human-readable address (reverse geocoding);
- Create Paths from multiple acquired points and get distances between them;
- Export points/paths to GPX or KML file format;
- Share data with other applications (e.g. Dropbox/Google Drive).
The current version was tested with the external receivers Qstarz BT-Q818XT and Navilock bt-821g.
For further information check some examples at the blog post http://www.bluecover.pt/?p=745.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+