How to train?
There are multiple training levels, that must be gradually unlocked. Each level contains number of most frequently used nouns in german language.
For example level Top25 contains 25 most frequent nouns.
After selecting level, you train by guessing articles for 20 random nouns from the level. You have to answer correctly at least 75 % to unlock next level.
You can allways check translation or definiton of the word. You can go back to words you have already answered in current run.
And that's it. By progressing to higher levels, you still have to be sure about the words in previous levels, because they can still apear again.
* 50 000 most common german nouns sorted by frequency. Thats a lot of levels.
* Each article matches one color. This may help people with good visual memory.
* Word translation by Google Translate (into your native language).
* Word definition and dictionary by Wiktionary
* Current and used words obtained from archiving german web
* Usage frequencies of nouns derived from really big bulk of texts (archived web .de), so it matches frequencies in the actual language pretty well
* Especially suitable for advanced german students
* You can also train those words in which you make most mistakes
* Listen to the correct pronunciation of the word (text to speach)
* Search words and find right article
The idea of learning genders this way just doesn't seem to work. It doesn't help you learn the rules because it doesn't tell you the rule that aplied when you get one wrong.
Works great, good design
Very good app for learning and practice of german words and articles
Works great, sorted top lists.
Thank you so much ....the best app ... it's really help me
It's rare to see an app that doesn't require special permissions, and Der Die Das impressed me with this aspect alone. On using the app, I found the colour coding perfect to remember the gender of the words. Great job, Martin !!