• Use auto screen rotation even while lying down
• Use portrait or landscape when auto rotation is disabled
• Easily toggle auto-rotation using a notification
• Hold the device upside-down
Because of the way Android works, the app has these problems:
• Uninstalling doesn't reset the screen orientation. You can work around this by using the uninstall feature in the app.
• Doesn't work for apps that request sensor-based orientation modes.
• May temporarily stop working when the device is low on RAM. (You might notice the notification temporarily disappear.)
• You can't remove the notification. (It's needed to make Android less likely to kill the app.)
Other known unresolved problems are listed at https://github.com/sampalmer/android-auto-rotate/issues?q=is%3Aissue+label%3Abug+is%3Aopen.
• If the screen is facing the wrong way, check the notification. If it thinks you're in the wrong orientation, turn the screen off and on again. If it shows "Overridden" then the current app doesn't support the screen orientation.
• If the screen doesn't rotate immediately after rotating the phone, you might need to wait a little bit. Sometimes Android or apps can lag when the screen orientation changes.
• If the screen orientation isn't correct for certain apps, there isn't much you can do about it because apps can override system-wide screen orientation.
• If this app crashes, please use the report button so I can fix it in a future version.
• If the app otherwise doesn't work correctly, feel free to let me know so I can address the problem(s). You can contact me using the email address in the store listing.
• Modify system settings: To change screen orientation and system auto rotation
• Run at startup: So this continues working when your device is restarted