"Kolla pengarna"(Check Your Money) is the Riksbank app that allows you to check out Sweden's new banknotes and coins, which began to be introduced in 2015. Learn when your old banknotes will become invalid by playing the banknote game or investigate the new banknotes' security features so that you can tell a genuine banknote from a counterfeit one.
If you want to know more about the banknote and coin changeover, you can listen to the information in Swedish or English, or read it in Swedish, English and 29 other languages. If you scan the banknote you have in your hand, the Governor of the Riksbank himself, Stefan Ingves, tells you what denomination it is.
The app has the following functions:
• Banknote check: a game where you sort the banknotes according to which are new and the dates on which the
old ones become invalid. The faster you sort them, the more points you score.
• Myntkartan.se: this is a map where you can find the nearest place to hand in your coins.
• Explore the banknote: scan the note you have in your hand and hear the denomination said out loud. If it is an
old note, the app also tells you the date it will become invalid.
• Banknote gallery: learn about the security features on the new banknotes and how to recognise a genuine note.
• Listen and read: listen to information about the banknote and coin changeover in Swedish or English, at the
same time as you see the same information as text.
• Other languages: instantly access information about the banknote and coin changeover in 31 different
• Push notifications: receive reminders about when the old banknotes and coins become invalid as well as other
The app can be downloaded and used free of charge.