Only about 4% to 7% of people are able to quit smoking on any given attempt without other help.
Your application can help you identify ways you are sabotaging your quit-smoking plan, and can provide the support and encouragement to get through the craving.
It’s hard to quit smoking, but you can do it.
Here are some steps to help you get ready for your Quit Day:
- Pick the date and mark it on your calendar.
- Tell friends and family about your Quit Day.
- Get rid of all the cigarettes and ashtrays in your home, car, and at work.
- Practice saying, “No thank you, I don’t smoke.”
- Set up a support system. This could be a group program or a friend or family member who has successfully quit and is willing to help you. Ask family and friends who still smoke not to smoke around you, and not to leave cigarettes out where you can see them.
- Think about your past attempts to quit. Try to figure out what worked and what didn’t.