These are the mystery stories about young detectives, Katie and TC.
Katie Anderson, 11, and Wang Tian Cheng, 10, whom everybody just calls TC, are friends and neighbors. They live in Kiama, a small seaside town near some farmland and a national park. They both go to Kiama North Elementary School. The school principal, Mrs. Phipps, wants the children to do jobs around the town to raise money for the school’s contribution to the Save the Children Fund. Katie, who wants to be a scientist when she graduates school, and TC, who wants to be a computer engineer, decide to do something different. They open a detective agency and charge a fee to solve mysteries. Here are their favorite cases.
• Illustrated with original art showing scenes from the stories
• Realistic, appropriate, and exciting situations that students will enjoy
• Subject matter includes forensic science, technology, and more
• Automatic reading of highlighted text
• Read by touching text area with particle effects
• Solve missing word by drag and drop to fill in the blank
Ten (10) series with 2 original mystery stories per each unit
Mystery Reader 1 - Bad Business
- The disappearing newspaper
- Mystery story about cheap soft drinks.
Mystery Reader 2 - Bad Decisions
- Mystery story about a prize-winning artist
- Mystery story about an anonymous letter
Mystery Reader 3 - Revenge Mysteries
- Mystery story about a painful shoe
- Mystery story about a wrong color flower
Mystery Reader 4 - Crime Mysteries
- Mystery story about a poisoned dog
- Mystery story about a hit-and-run driver
Mystery Reader 5 - Bully Mysteries
- Mystery story about a thief in a tent
- Mystery story about a cyberbully
Mystery Reader 6 - Food Burglar Mysteries
- Mystery story about stolen cupcakes
- Mystery story about a midnight visitor
Mystery Reader 7 - Blame Game Mysteries
- Mystery story about careless cyclists
- Mystery story about a broken vase
Mystery Reader 8 - Mischief Mysteries
- Mystery story about stolen chickens
- Mystery story about go-kart brakes
Mystery Reader 9 - Greed Mysteries
- Mystery story about a lost canary
- Mystery story about a wrong answer
Mystery Reader 10 - Trickery Mysteries
- Mystery story about a mysterious cell phone
- Mystery story about a gold coin
Powered by interactive ezPDF Reader technology (eduPDF) from Unidocs Inc.
Contents provided by Woongjin Compass
Written by Ken Methold
He was born in Worthing, West Sussex, UK and educated at the local grammar school and the Institute of Education, University of London. He taught drama in England for several years, then lived abroad, initially in Thailand for the British Council and then in various Asian countries as an editorial consultant to a major international educational publisher. He later worked professionally in children’s film and television as a writer and producer.
He has been writing professionally since he was in my last years at school, and apart from a large body of educational titles he has had novels published and plays, film and television scripts produced. He is currently working from home part-time as an editorial consultant for an educational publisher, writing yet another novel and enjoying being the Artistic Director of an amateur theater company specializing in the audio drama for vision impaired children and adults.