We’re passionate about providing the safest service for kids and families to get where they need to go, comfortably and on time. Shuddle drivers are hand-selected through an extensive screening process – ShuddleSafe – and our customer service team tracks every ride in real-time just in case there’s a need for extra support on the road.
The ShuddleSafe driver screening process:
Most people can drive. But not everyone can drive for Shuddle. Our drivers are kid-friendly experts like teachers, nannies, nurses, parents and other trusted caregivers who ensure safe and comfortable rides for kids.
Here’s how we select the safest drivers:
• The most extensive driver background checks in the industry: fingerprinting, social security identity verification; and federal, state, and county criminal records searches
• Phone interview and two reference checks
• DMV clean record check
• 3rd-party vehicle-safety inspection
• Face-to-face driver training and orientation
• Previous experience in a caregiving role
Supported by the best technology:
• Integrated technology that monitors drivers’ behavior during rides (safe speed, obeys traffic rules, doesn’t stop short, doesn’t text/take calls while driving, and more)
• Real-time GPS ride tracking in your app
• Unique password-protected passenger check-in system
• Each ride is monitored from start to finish by our Live Rides team.
• Live customer support you can call during every ride
The Shuddle service:
• Private carpools with multiple pickups or dropoffs for up to four passengers
• Single-family rides
• Drivers can check kids in or out of school or camp and follow any special protocols.
• Schedule rides as far in advance as you like and pay in the app.