Students hear a word or fact spoken and choose the matching photo. They then hear more information in German which they will need to answer subsequent questions correctly. After six right in a row, Race Mode starts automatically. It asks questions at speed to test the students' memory and comprehension of the words and facts just covered, before continuing with new words and facts. At the end of the race, students can see how well they have done relative to their other races and earn an Appa Apps Racing Certificate for their best time ever. The app gradually focuses on any words and facts that the students have difficulty recognizing, and speeds up and adds more information as competence is gained to maintain interest.
In contrast to Race Mode, Story Mode slowly introduces new words and facts by saying them as the photos are shown, allowing students to quietly look, listen and learn. The game is controlled by on-screen gestures which are simple to demonstrate and easy to perform with a finger, elbow or foot. The game can also be played quietly without voice prompts.
• Colorful photos of vehicles
• Simple spoken facts in German
• Race Mode tests memory and comprehension against the clock
• Story Mode allows students to look, listen and learn
• Slide-show Mode displays all the photos and facts in alphabetical order
• Zoom and Pan Mode magnifies the images to see more detail
• Easy on-screen gestures to control the game
• Context-sensitive help