The player who initiates the game will select the number of players (2 - 4), the players who are to play, and the Game Theme. Each player at the time of game acceptance will use their own BoBucks (in game currency) to activate the game.
Once the Game Theme has been selected and all players have accepted, player turns will be randomly selected. To begin, tiles are used to make words consisting of two letters or more. They may be placed up or down (vertically or horizontally) on the game board. The first move must start on one of the tiles containing the BoWords logo in the center of the game board. After the first move, all other words must be made in conjunction with an existing word. You may play any word contained in the ENABLE dictionary or the Game Theme dictionary at any time.
Points are scored based on the value of the letters played in the word or words. After appropriate bonus multipliers are applied, these letters are added together to create the turn score. Plus, in BoWords, Wild Cards take the value of the tile in which they are used.
GAME THEMES / BONUS WORDS:
For its base list, BoWords uses the Enhanced North American Benchmark Lexicon (ENABLE). Each Game Theme is made up of its own separate patent pending dictionary that is only available for that game. Game Themes contain a patent pending dictionary that may include proper nouns, words, phrases, abbreviations, slang, words other than English and acronyms that relate to the particular theme.
If a word from the Game Theme dictionary is played during a turn, the total score of the turn is multiplied by value of the multiplier of that word. If more than one word from the Game Theme dictionary is played, the turn score will be multiplied by each multiplier (for example, if one word has a multiplier of 2 and the other has a multiplier of 5, the turn score will be multiplied by 10).
BoMoves are in-game help to advance you further in a game. Each BoMove requires 1 BoBuck for activation. There are a maximum of two (2) of each BoMoves available to each player per game. You may make several different BoMoves:
• GET WILD – This BoMove allows the player to add a BONUS WILD CARD to their hand.
• EXTRA LETTER – This BoMove allows the player to ADD AN 8th LETTER to their hand. After the turn has been completed, the hand is reduced back to the standard 7 tiles.
• FREE TURN – This BoMove allows a player to SKIP THEIR OPPONENTS TURN and play two turns in a row.
• FREE EXCHANGE – This BoMove allows a player to EXCHANGE TILES without losing a turn.
• SNEAK PEAK – This BoMove allows a player to LOOK AT THEIR OPPONENTS TILES & available BoMoves.