Your favorite spelling game with a creative twist! Play hangman by yourself or with a friend. Draw pictures that animate and playback. Then, record digital stories with your winning words. No in-app purchases or data required after download.
The illustrations are multicultural and allow all kids to feel included. The letter-tracing feature is a great way to practice penmanship and letter recognition. It’s great for older kids too, giving them the freedom to draw and create stories as well. HangArt is perfect for individual play, entire family fun, and the classroom. As seen in The New York Times’ "10 Children's Apps for Summer Road Trips."
"Culturally diverse drawings and a specially constructed, easy-to-read font welcome kids from a variety of backgrounds and abilities. A jewel of a game … HangArt is a fun challenge, and the open-ended drawing board and storytelling sections let kids take the lead.” ~ Common Sense Media
• No in-app purchases and no Internet required to play
• Play Hangman with 200 K-3 sight words and original, diverse animated illustrations
• Includes a free guide for parents and teachers with alignment to learning standards, including Common Core
• Sight spelling words drawn from Dolch, Fry, and Teachers College word lists
• Classroom and family friendly: Reinterprets the traditional “hangman” as a man who hangs from a monkey bar, falling off when you lose a word!
• Great for family play, one- or two-player mode
• Draw pictures of sight words in the Word Gallery using a custom drawing tool, then save, playback, and add to your gallery
• Record digital stories in the Story Studio
• Practice handwriting in Letter Tracing Practice mode
• Features Castledown, a dyslexic-friendly font custom created for elementary-aged school children and recognized by Wired magazine as a “font designed to help kids learn to read and write”
• Ideal for English Language Learners and ESL
• Child voiceovers model letters and word pronunciation
• Original music and sound FX by Nickelodeon/Dora the Explorer composers
• Developed in collaboration with literacy and arts educators
• Reward badges tied to literacy activities of spelling, drawing, and writing
• Encourages self-evaluation in children with a word self-rating emoji feature (similar to the “pain-scale”)
• Grownups Dashboard offers in-depth analytics grounded in the mindset approach for parents and teachers, including insights on what words kids find to be especially easy or difficult
Send suggestions to [email protected] We want to hear from you! Follow us @litsafariapps & like us at www.facebook.com/playhangart.
PRAISE FOR HANGART
"HangArt is a great app to add to a family, school, library or museum collection." ~ Technology in Early Childhood Center, Erikson Institute
Also featured in Geeks with Juniors, Common Sense Media, Children's Technology Review, Teachers with Apps, and NBC News Madison, WI.
"A new and exciting educational app for kids, this game is fun and features Castledown, a dyslexic-friendly font custom created for use by elementary-aged school children." ~ NBC News
"HangArt makes learning more meaningful and effective." ~ Geeks with Juniors
"Great for reading skill reinforcement, in or out of the classroom." ~ Editor's Choice Award, Children's Technology Review
"Kids will not even realize the extent of what they are taking in because the app is centered on play. This is a delightful find!" ~ Teachers with Apps
“For a fun game of Hangman, drawing neat pictures, telling cool stories, and learning words and letters, HangArt has it all.… The Story Studio is a wonderful feature for bringing out [kids’] creativity and letting their imagination take over.” ~ AppAdvice
"With HangArt, the focus is on having fun, while building vocabulary in an authentic, situated context." ~ Matthew Farber, teacher and author of Gamify Your Classroom: A Field Guide to Game-Based Learning
My 6 year old daughter loves to play HangArt. This is a clever version to the well loved game I used to play as a child. The app adjusts in degree of difficulty so they'll never get board. Helps build vocabulary, spelling words and storytelling. It's is a must try!
Please create an exit button to exit the app properly
The game functionality is crisp and the watching the art evolve before your eyes is really fun--sometimes you can guess where its going, sometimes not. The drawing tool is fantastic. I think a kid would play this just for the pure fun of it. But it is both educational and art-friendly, love that.
I love this app,the dashboard is an interactive tool that enables you to enhance your vocabulary while having fun. My son loves this app and can play on it for hours together. I definitely recommend purchasing hangart!!!
Love the new take on hangman with words and pictures. The parent dashboard is great for following along with activities!