This is a fun new family-friendly puzzle game where the objective is to spell something from memory before the timer runs out. Do you think you're a true wordsmith? Play and find out! ;)
When you first start the game, you can pick from three difficulty levels: easy, medium and hard. Each difficulty level has slight differences between the number of letter hints you're given, the number of words you'll be allowed to skip and how long the timer lasts, among others.
Once you select a difficulty, gameplay will begin. One word will be shown to you for just three seconds. You must remember this word on the following screen and correct spell it out by choosing the right letters from a random list. Don't worry, though! There's a refresh button to give you a whole new list of letters to choose from if you can't use the list currently on the game screen! Once you've correctly spelled out the word, the round will be finished, you'll score a point and move to the next round. Gameplay will continue as long as you can remember and spell words before the timer expires. With over 10,000 random possibilities, Wordsmith will entertain you and your family for hours! :)
The game difficulty differs in six areas: word length, letter case, number of hints, number of skips, game timer length, and the amount of letters you are given at a time.
* the words you have to remember & spell are all in UPPERCASE.
* words will be between 3 letters and 5 letters in length.
* you will be given 5 hints per round. These will be given to you automatically if you haven't selected a letter for several seconds.
* you'll also have 5 skips per round. A "skip" will happen if you don't finish spelling before the timer expires. You won't lose a point but you won't gain one, either. Gameplay will simply move to the next round.
* the amount of time you have to solve the puzzle is the longest - around 60 seconds.
* you will be shown the fewest letter choices for each round.
* the words for each round will be in MiXeD case.
* and each one will be 6 or 7 letters in length.
* now you will only have 3 hints per round!
* similarly, you'll only have 3 word skips.
* the game timer is a bit shorter - around 40 seconds.
* you will have more letters in both UPPER & lower case to choose from. This may sound like a benefit at first but it actually makes the game a bit harder because the screen is busier! ;)
* the words for each round will be in MiXeD case, just like medium.
* you'll be given the longest words in the game to spell - 8 to 9 letters long!
* better have a great memory because you will only have a single hint to help you if you're stuck.
* and there's only a single skip allowed, as well.
* a very short game timer - around 30 seconds per level.
* tons of letters given to you at once for maximum confusion!
That's all there is to it really! Good luck and happy smithing!
P.S. You opinion really matters to me a lot and I read all feedback left. If you take the time to write something constructive regarding how much you've enjoyed this game or any problems you're encountering, it really helps me know what to focus on for future releases. Parents, this app is specifically meant to be family-friendly, fun and educational. I'm a parent myself and understand the role our devices play in the entertainment & education of children today. If you are a teacher or if you homeschool your children and have used this app in class, feel free to drop me a line using the developer contact link below and let me know how it has made an impact in your classroom. Thanks!
Me and my daughter are OBSESSED!
I love it so so much
Addict the people
Cannot stop playing!! I'm a terrible speller but this game challenges me and it's FUN!!! Love the look and sound effects! A must try!