Following urls are supported:
This way, you can always check the wind conditions at your sailing or paragliding spots, you can check the weather and snow conditions at your favorite skiing area, or even check your security cameras at home, directly on your Android Wear, as you are checking the time. Perfect for security surveillance - have always a look at your most important things!
Watch With a View comes equipped with 9 pre-installed webcams, traffic news in New York and San Francisco, but also live satellite images showing the Earth cloud cover from 35.000km, or NASA Blue Marble including night view.
You can use any image url with Watch With a View, not only webcams. MJPEG cameras look especially spectacular, when you are looking at a live video on your watch (i.e. the waves of the beach of Waikiki as shown in the movie).
Additionally, you can
• choose your watch mode (12 hours, 24 hours, or analog)
• set the the position of the time (middle, top) - for 12/24 watch mode.
• change the update interval: from every time you look at the watch, to once an hour; or "never" in case you use a static image
• fit the webcams "center", "left", "right", or "animated" (for static image webcams)
• change font style and font color
• save all your favorite webcams in your "Favorites" list, and switch between them right from the watch menu
• webcams are not updated when the watch is on the docking station to limit bandwidth and battery usage.
• Motorola Moto360
• LG G WATCH R
• LG G Watch
• Samsung Gear LIVE
• SmartWatch 3
• ASUS ZenWatch (optimized for Low-Bit Ambient Mode)
• Sony 3 Android Wear
• LG Watch Urbane
• ... and any other smartwatches with Android Wear
We support round and squared Android Wear watches.
How do I determine the image URL of a specific Webcam?
Open the Webcam of your choice on your Mac/PC and right click on the image of the webcam. Usually you should see the address of the image e.f. http://easy10.it-wms.com/big_current1.jpg
Open the "Android Wear" app on your Android phone and go to the Settings of "Watch With a View" and enter the URL.
To save your webcam in the "Favorites" list, choose "Add current Webcam to Favorites" in the Settings menu of the "Watch With a View" Settings within the "Android Wear" app on your phone.
SUPPORT: In case you're having problems getting the image of your password protected webcam to work on Watch With a View, send us an email at [email protected], and we will help you.
Find and share Webcam URLs on the Watch With a View Google+ Community (https://plus.google.com/communities/105805748857237012543)
If you have further feature requests, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]