About Amazing Apes FREE
An educational game about the family of primates called Apes, suitable for students studying Biology from grade 5 onwards. This game uses 30 photos to introduce students to gibbons, orangutans, bonobos, chimpanzees, gorillas and humans, with interesting spoken facts on all aspects of their lives.
Students hear a name or fact spoken and choose the matching photo. They then hear more information which they will need to answer subsequent questions. After six right in a row, Race Mode starts automatically. It asks questions at speed to test the students' memory and comprehension of the names and facts just covered, before continuing with new ones. At the end of the race, students can see how well they have done relative to their other races. The game gradually focuses on any names and facts that the students have difficulty recognizing, and speeds up as competence is gained.
By contrast to Race Mode, Story Mode slowly introduces new names and facts by saying them as the photos are shown, allowing students to quietly look, listen and learn.
The game is controlled by on-screen gestures which are simple to demonstrate and easy to use, and the game can be played without voice prompts.
* 30 photos of apes
* Spoken facts about each ape
* Race Mode tests memory and comprehension against the clock
* Story Mode allows students to look, listen and learn
* Slideshow Mode displays all the photos and facts in alphabetical order
* Zoom and Pan Mode magnifies the images to see more detail
* Easy on-screen gestures to control the game
* Context-sensitive help
* No push advertising and no internet connection required.
The paid version of this app has much higher resolution photos than the free version.