The earliest recorded festivities in honor of a new year’s arrival date back some 4,000 years to ancient Babylon. For the Babylonians, the first new moon following the vernal equinox—the day in late March with an equal amount of sunlight and darkness—heralded the start of a new year. They marked the occasion with a massive religious festival called Akitu (derived from the Sumerian word for barley, which was cut in the spring) that involved a different ritual on each of its 11 days. Atiku celebrated the mythical victory of the Babylonian sky god Marduk over the evil sea goddess Tiamat and served an important political purpose: It was during this time that a new king was crowned or that the current ruler’s divine mandate was symbolically renewed. In many countries, New Year’s celebrations begin on the evening of December 31- New Year’s Eve - and continue into the early hours of January 1. Revelers often enjoy meals and snacks thought to bestow good luck for the coming year.
• Awesome Inspirational "Happy New Year Wishes" Flower And Christmas Cartoon Clipart 2017 Backgrounds For Kids, Girls And Boys
Nice Features OF Happy "New Year 2017" Countdown Photos Application:
- Full support for landscape mode.
- Compatible with 99% of mobile phones and devices.
- Optimized battery usage!
- Fully supports horizontal orientation
- Add to favorites
- You can save or Share to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr, Flickr, Stumble, Instagram Or Line with your Good Friends or whole family.
Thanks for choosing us.