About ABC Dermatology for Nurses and Medical Students
Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
ABOUT: ABC of Dermatology
A practical guide to identification, recognition, treatment and management of common dermatological conditions encountered within primary care, walk-in centres, and the emergency room and within patients admitted to hospital with medical/surgical conditions.
Based on: 6th Edition
Editor: Rachael Morris-Jones
Publisher: John Wiley & Son Inc. and its affiliates
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.
ABC of Dermatology gives a concise overview of all the essentials of dermatology for non-dermatologists. It is particularly useful in primary care, and is an excellent introduction to dermatology for nurses and medical students.
Rather than systematic description of numerous skin conditions that can overwhelm the non-specialist, a few common conditions are used as a basis for comparison with less common skin diseases. Some sections such as systemic disease and the skin, cutaneous immunology, and practical procedures are less suitable for this approach and are covered in a more didactic manner. This latest update is based on the 6th edition.
- Fully updated with new developments and treatments, this sixth edition provides expanded coverage of psoriasis, eczema, inflammatory dermatoses and drug photosensitivity. It also includes improved coverage of the management of onychomycosis, scabies and lice, and hair and scalp, and new content on biological treatments, lymphoedema, community acquired MRSA, pityriasis rosea, immune reconstitution syndrome and antifungal drugs.
- With over 450 full color illustrations this bestselling resource ideal learning partner and resource for GPs, family physicians, junior doctors, medical students and primary care health professionals.
- Includes sections on drug rashes, connective tissue disease, skin tumors, practical procedures, laser treatments and a practical guide to dressings and bandages, this highly illustrated resources is invaluable resource for GPs, GP registrars, junior doctors, medical students and primary care nurses
- Provides a basic understanding of pathological processes which explains the characteristic features of skin diseases
- A straightforward approach to investigations and diagnoses in addition to the latest advances in the management of skin disease
- Sections cover: topical dermatology, the sun and the skin, genetics and infections, and dermatology in general practice
- Sets out the main types of clinical change that occur in and on the skin, and relates this to specific skin conditions and underlying pathological changes
- Summarizes the relevant pathological processes, diagnostic features and learning points