About NFC Remote
The Irdroid NFC Remote app is a infrared remote control client (LIRC Client) for Android, that will allow you to control your home infrared equipment TV's STB's etc, create infrared macro sequences or group infrared commands, which can be written to any standard NFC Tag. Then you can start your predefined infrared macro by simply tapping the NFC Tag to your device.The application is perfect for automating infrared remote control tasks such as turning on the lights via infrared, executing a sequence of IR commands in a click of a button, or by tapping your NFC Tag to your device. With this app you can automate your TV, STB, DVB Audio and many other infrared controlled equipment. The application requires a fully setup and operational LIRC daemon (for Linux) or Winlirc (for Windows). The application is specially designed to work with the Irdroid WIFI infrared remote control modules. If you want to access the full benefits that the app provides, you may consider purchasing a Irdroid WIFI module from http://www.irdroid.com
- Create Infrared Remote control macro sequences
- Write your custom IR macros to NFC tags
- Start your custom IR macros by tapping a NFC tag
- Unlimited number of Macros / NFC Tags
- Standard support for LIRC and Winlirc
- A database with more than 2000 supported remotes (via LIRC)
- Add macro shortcuts to home screen for ease of access
- Infrared Home Automation via infrared macro sequences
- Infrared Home Automation via infrared macro sequences and NFC
- Execute a macro directly from the list of macros by tapping on the macro
- Execute a macro via tapping on its home screen shortcut
- Execute a macro by tapping a NFC tag to your device.
- Configure custom timeout (ms) between each command
- Adjust the picture settings automatically on your TV via infrared macro sequence
- Set the sleep timeout of your TV
- Turn on all your TV's and set the STB to your favourite channel
- Turn on your STB, switch to your favourite channel and select equalizer preset
- Turn on/off LED IR controlled lighting, adjust LED colors etc.
The application allows you to setup custom Infrared remote control sequences/macros, from the app main screen tap on Add in order to add new Macro. Enter the name of your new macro and tap on SAVE. In order to add command sequences to your new macro long click on the newly created macro and select "Edit Macro" a new screen will pop up and you can use the Add button to add custom commands to your newly created macro. To execute a macro just tap on the macro name. After you create your new macro you may create a custom shortcut to the macro by long tapping on the macro name from the list of macros. Tap on Shortcut and a new shortcut to your macro will be added to the home screen. Executing a macro from a shortcut is a matter of just tapping on the shortcut.
The application is open source, licensed under GNU GPL v2.0 . You are free to distribute, modify and use for commercial purposes. You can read more about this application by visiting http://www.irdroid.com .
Before rating this app please make sure that you have a fully operational LIRC server running, the app will not work (will not show a list of remotes if there is no server to connect to)
- NFC enabled Smartphone or Tablet
- Android 4.0 (Api level 14)
- Configured Lirc / Winlirc server or Irdroid wifi module
- NFC Tag (if you want to use the app NFC functionality)
Information for Android Developers:
The application is open source and you can use it in your own project either for personal use or for Commercial purposes. The app source code would give you a very detailed examples for the following Android functionalities:
- Creating and adding custom home screen shortcuts with app icon / custom icon
- Passing extra data to Android application via home screen shortcuts
- Reading, Writing, Formatting NFC tags
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+