About Amsterdam 2013 - Guide & Maps
* -- important note on internet usage of this app --*
Important note: this app can be used completely offline, the only moment we the app will need your internet connection if you choose to update the calendar, but you don't have to. An update is also very small so no worries on roaming charges for that matter, but try to use wifi anyway.
Amsterdam is hot in the year 2013. In 2012 Lonely Planet called it the #2 city to visit this year and this has a reason.
Throughout 2013, Amsterdam will be home to many special celebrations. Not only was the famous Amsterdam Canal Ring designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2010, this year these same canals were founded 400 years ago while many iconic institutions will also commemorate special jubilees. Some of the most famous museums have reopened their doors after a long time (Stedelijk Museum) or will do so in 2013 (Rijksmuseum will reopen on 13 April 2013).
This app will offer you an overview of:
- all locations and institutions that are part of the 400 years celebrations
- all jubilees, locations and events that are part of the Amsterdam 2013 program
- major events in a detailed but easy to read calendar
With the following functionalities:
- an offline map with detailed views of the city
- GPS supported: see where you are, see where the attractions are
- Mark your important locations:
* remember where your hotel is
* where did you park your car and
* where did you see those shoes in the shopping window?
Easy to use, with detailed description of all items listed.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+