About English CourseTutor
Bengali medium students can now learn English through their syllabus contents as English CourseTutor teaches English syllabus of West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE). As a user you can:
• Download any chapter for the class you study in
• Listen to the contents of a downloaded chapterof English syllabus of West Bengal Board as the text is pronounced by the software
• Change the speed of pronunciation (slow, normal, fast)
• Magnify a word being pronounced (small to big)
• Speak, record and listen to your own pronunciation of a text
• Compare your version with that of the software
• Know the meaning of a word in English (offline dictionary attached)
• Translate any word in the text into Bengali (online dictionary attached)
• Get notified when a new chapter is added/modified or a new version is released
• Remain offline (no internet needed) once a chapter is downloaded
A language is best learned by reading, listening and speaking. And when a syllabus chapter familiar to you is read out for you, when you speak, record and listen to your own pronunciations of a chapter text already known to you, when the meanings of its words are already explained by the software, then you are learning English better through your own syllabus. Hear English text, read English text, speak English text, know the text meanings and so this is how you learn English.
Spoken English is easier now. Speak English easily now. Now that you know the meaning of the sentences, just practice again and again speaking your chapter sentences, keep recording them and go on comparing with the software pronunciation carefully time and again. Learn to pronounce English sentences this way. Now try to speak any English sentence outside your syllabus. You will find that your confidence in English speaking is growing. Your spoken English will improve definitely.
If you are a teacher, this software is a good aid to teaching the West Bengal Board English course in a class or at a coaching center.
Also learn English from Bengali through Abheda English, another unique free app from Abheda Foundation.
A Windows version of English CourseTutor is available at Abheda Foundation's website www.abhedafoundation.org.
If you have any feedback to give, please send it to EnglishCourseTutor@gmail.com.