In "recognize" mode a short rhythmic phrase is played and you have to write it (this is called a rhythm dictation in conventional music pedagogy). If you answer at least to five phrases and you have a score higher than 75%, the next level is unlocked.
LITE VERSION LIMITATIONS
- Only five levels are available in binary rhythms and three in ternary rhythms.
- It is not possible to modify the instrument or the tempo.
FULL VERSION ( "Full version" button in main screen)
- Access to all levels (16 in binary rhythms and 12 in ternary rhythms).
- It is possible to modify the tempo and the instrument.
- This app uses a custom font to display rhythm notation. Android 5.0 (Lollipop) fails to display custom fonts. There is nothing I can do for it, as it is due to an Android bug. If you use Android 5.0, you can upgrade to a later Android version, in order to use this app.
I also think the dotted quarter note and a 8th note thing is confusing. It sums up 2 beats, so it messes with the 4 beat bar structure. Especially in the recognize section, it makes it odd and not intuitive, because the exercises keep changing from bars with 4, 6, 7, etc, beats. My suggestion would be that you keep the bars with 4 beats, in this case that pattern would occupy 2 beats and could only be written if there were 2 adjacent beats free in the explore section. Otherwise great app
I has written the dotted 8th notes are off but they told me they were dotted quarter notes. True. But that means some these bars aren't 4 beats long and the subdivisions aren't each a beat. I don't get that. Maybe they aren't supposed to be bar?
I use this app nearly daily and I enjoy it a lot. I now entered the second level in binary rhythms and I am confused bc the app now asks me to recognize a punctuated 4th with an 8th note where only is room for a 4th or its equivalent of 2x 8th or 4x 16th but a punctuated 4th equals in my understanding 3x 8th plus the 8th = 4x 8th where only is room for 2x 8ths. I believe that you meant a punctuated 8th note plus a 16th note = 4x 16th = 2x 8th = 1x 4th. Is it possible that you repair this in your next update
Missing Piano instrument...plz update it..and add more lessons too.. good app for begginers .