About Omar Suleiman - Lectures
Omar Suleiman, Islamic Audio Lectures integrated with www.muslimcentral.com
Download, stream or queue episodes and enjoy them the way you like with adjustable playback speeds and a sleep timer.
Save effort, battery power and mobile data usage with powerful automation controls for downloading episodes(specify times, intervals and WiFi networks) and
deleting episodes (based your favourites and delay settings).
ORGANIZE AND PLAY
• Manage playback from anywhere: homescreen widget, system notification and earplug and bluetooth controls
• Enjoy listening your way with adjustable playback speed, remembered playback position and an advanced sleep timer (shake to reset, lower volume and slow down playback)
• No Ads or in-app Purchase Offerings
• Background playback support
• Offline playing episodes
KEEP TRACK, SHARE & APPRECIATE
• Keep track of the best of the best by marking episodes as favourites
• Find that one episode through the playback history or by searching (titles and shownotes)
• Share episodes and feeds through advanced social media and email options, and via OPML export
CONTROL THE SYSTEM
• Take control over automated downloading: exclude mobile networks, select specific WiFi networks, require the phone to be charging and set times or intervals
• Manage storage by setting the amount of cached episodes, smart deletion (based on your favourites and play status) and selecting your preferred location
• Use App in your language (EN, DE, CS, NL, NB, JA, PT, ES, SV, CA, UK, FR, KO, TR, ZH)
• Adapt to your environment using the light and dark theme
• Back-up your subscriptions with the OPML export
Our Apps are all AD-FREE!
Shaykh Omar Suleiman is the young evergreen scholar with the big smile. Born and raised in Louisiana, he has a unique way of relating to a western audience through his character, and has gained the love of people of all ages and backgrounds. As an AlMaghrib instructor, Omar Suleiman lectures and teaches the hugely popular ‘Behind the Scenes’ seminar which focuses on the strengthening of the soul and disciplining the nafs.
His journey of seeking knowledge started in 2000 in the United Arab Emirates where he spent a few years at the feet of prestigious scholars such as Shaykh Tariq Ibn Rajah and Amr Al Sheshany. Since then he has sought knowledge and studied under Shaykh Salah As Sawy, Dr. Hatem Al Haj, his father in law Shaykh Abul Abed, and Al Allamah Shaykh Omar Al Ashqar (rahimahullah).
Shaykh Omar Suleiman has two Bachelor’s degrees in Islamic Studies and in Accounting, a Master’s degree in Islamic Finance, and is currently pursuing a PhD in Islamic Studies from the International Islamic University of Malaysia.
Omar Suleiman previously served as Imam for Masjid Abu Bakr As-Siddique in New Orleans for 6 years and has since dedicated himself to fulltime teaching. He has taught with Mishkah University (formerly Sharia Academy) since 2008 under Shaykh Salah As Sawy and also currently serves as the Director of the Islamic Learning Foundation in Texas, as well as being the resident scholar at Valley Ranch Islamic Centre.
Shaykh Omar Suleiman is also a strong advocate of community service, interfaith dialogue, and social justice. He served as the field coordinator of ICNA Relief in Hurricane Katrina and also co-founded the East Jefferson Clergy Interfaith Council. In 2010, the Mayor and City Council of New Orleans awarded him for ‘Outstanding Civic Achievement’.Omar Suleiman is a current member of the ICNA Shariah Council.