About Ngā Tapuwae Western Front
Follow in the footsteps of the Anzacs, with interactive trails, audio guides, maps and practical travel information. With Ngā Tapuwae Western Front you can:
- follow walking and driving tours around the Somme, Messines, Passchendaele, Arras and Le Quesnoy
- explore the history of New Zealand’s involvement on the Western Front with fully researched and concise guides from expert historians
- imagine past scenes and gain new insights in the places where events actually happened
- discover landmarks including the Arras tunnels, the Bulford Kiwi and cemeteries at Tyne Cot, Caterpillar Valley and elsewhere
- plan your trip with confidence, because directions and itineraries are based on visits to every location
Ngā Tapuwae Western Front covers key areas relating to New Zealand’s First World War story in France, Belgium and the United Kingdom. It is designed to work offline, so you won’t need to pay expensive data charges.