About Optical File Transfer
Send small files to your phone through camera - as a stream of QR images.
• Requires no WiFi, no Bluetooth, no irDA and no USB cable to transfer files
• Both wireless and offline at the same time
• Minimal setup - when in download mode, just point the camera on the stream and wait
• Generates little RF noise - so can be safely used in the airplane mode on the plane (might be also useful in the military)
• Can process requests to send file from other apps in the system (like your favourite file manager app)
• Can be used to broadcast file full-screen on TV in the loop - e.x. to allow people walking by to quickly grab some small pdf guide on their phones.
• To receive file from desktop PC - see the supplementary Windows program at http://wrobel.wroclaw.pl/opticalfiletransfer/en/win/index.php or Linux program at http://wrobel.wroclaw.pl/opticalfiletransfer/en/lin/index.php - they are both compatible with this app.
• Sending larger files is very time consuming - so this app does not intend to replace USB/WiFi way of file transmission at all.
It rathers allows to quickly grab some small pdf/text/image from the PC/phone to phone, when you do not feel like searching for
USB cable/setup Bluetooth/WiFi just for that one small file.
• It also does not guarantee that transmission will ever succeed on every phone on the default settings. How fast phone can handle capture of the stream depends on the camera/general phone performance/stream brightness/camera ability to focus.
• Default settings are likely not optimal for every phone.
• If you have problems succeeding to transfer anything on default settings, experiment with the settings - slow down with FPS/allow more errors/etc.
• If you want to speed up a little bit, you can also tweak settings a little - towards faster ones - and find what is the limit for your phone/camera.
• Transmission settings affects only QR stream producer in upload mode - receiver in download mode only fits to what it sees.
• Free version supports files up to 5MB in size.
Never Miss An Update!
Follow Android Blip on Facebook / Google+