Users can use this app to ensure if they are connected to the internet.
The application logs the network preference mode and the operator of the user which can educate the users to understand and differentiate among other operators.
Having any speed related issue, users can give their feedback which will help the operators to understand their governed issues.
The Lat/Long logged can assist to identify the strong and weak spots for the operators and developers.
- Users can stop the ongoing test.
- Speed test details are stored in database and can be viewed later in Log tab.
- Test history can be saved in phone storage in csv format.
- User can delete all the previously conducted test's history
How it works:
- It checks availability of location service and internet connection. In case services are disabled, app prompts user to enable services for accurate results.
- It also check network connection type i.e. either 3g, 4g, LTE or Wi-Fi internet.
- Depending upon the type of internet connection and the estimated maximum speed it can provide, app decides the size of file to be uploaded or downloaded to/from the server.
- Separate threads for ping, upload and download are executed.
- Thread Start and end time is properly calculated.
- Within the time frame app send and receive data to/from server and calculate the speed (bytes per second).
- After the thread complete it's calculation, final values for ping, upload and download are displayed to the user and saved in log for future use.
- Measuring the time it takes to get a response for a http request sent to the server.
- It is repeated twice with the lowest value determining the final result.
- Based on the internet connection type, one of multiple file sizes is selected to download from server.
- Data packets are received and calculated as bytes per second.
- Based on the internet connection type, file size is decided for upload to server.
- Data bytes are pushed to the server via POST request.
- Packets are sorted by speed, and the fastest half is used to determine the result.
Please add more options and support related to network usage, otherwise it's a good app
Fake speed test . This apk made for ptcl internet
Thx to PTA for this app
Accurate results ...
Easy to use n seem quite accurate
Worst designed and not capible enought to coretecttly determine speed of internet connection
It is working smoothly . Just checked my internet speed. Well done (y)
false speed test results
Really helpful. It's crisp, clean, light and it gets the job done. Excellent tool. Nothing else like it. Works very well.
Crashes on launch on 6.0.1
Working fine for me. Thumbs up
Nice App, Worked perfectly nice
Perfect app from pta,
Useful and good app
Reliable and fast.
Nice like it......
Dev at least you can read GPS IS SETTINGS right. Kbps???? All goons sitting on top seats. Embarrassing
Wow finally found an amazing app to get accurate result of Download / Upload
chep app frome devolper..
user friendly interface...easy to use.. well done PTA
Working very accuratly...
I can actually test the speed.. And that's amazing..
Its amazing & Good App
GUI should be improved and pressing stop button gives you the result, not, back to main menu.
If you download this app. Your time is totally waste
Very useful and accurate