calQplus is a complex and powerful app with many features. To get the best out of calQplus will take time. This app is for serious math/programming use.
* Help with examples built into the app
* Many functions free to download (see below)
* Custom on-screen keyboard
* Named functions taking named arguments
* A structured high-level language with conditions and loops
* Named local & global variables and (multi-dimensional) arrays
* Passing parameters by reference
* Support for recursion
* Debug support
* Backup/restore of functions & data to Dropbox
* A scrolling output screen capable of holding 256 lines of 132 characters each
* Built-in functions covering trig, log, exponential, Input/Output, random numbers, date/time, prime factors, graphic operations and others.
* Some user-functions, pre-written and delivered with the app for you to examine, edit or use as examples of the kinds of things that can be done in calQplus. These deal with:
Complex number calculations;
Floating point to vulgar fraction conversion;
Graph-drawing (see screenshot of several graphs on a single plot);
The website www.discriminant.co.uk has many functions that you can download, and they are all free of charge. If you are working with any of the following, take a look at the website: there may be something there to assist you.
* Multi-precision arithmetic
* Matrix operations (multiply, add, finding (complex) Eigenvalues/vectors and more)
* Quaternions (arithmetic, 3-dimensional rotations, and forming a rotation matrix)
* Games (see screenshot of the game of 3-dimensional tic-tac-toe).
* Producing interesting images (see screenshots for the virtual world and Mandelbrot set)
calQplus provides an ideal way to develop and save your algorithms, and to create solutions to specific mathematical and logical problems.
For those who enjoy mathematics / algorithms, you may find this app enriching. An existing knowledge of programming would be useful, but without such prior knowledge, if you have the aptitude to do it, the help is there for you. Start learning to write computer code with calQplus.