About ReelCam Video Security Monitor
Turn your Android devices into video security cameras. Remotely record video/audio from your Android devices to your own server, on your local WiFi network. Designed with security in mind, all your videos and data are kept inside your own network. (If you are an expert, you can certainly use a VPS server on the internet/cloud, etc.)
Besides home security, you can use it as a nanny cam or baby monitoring system, remotely watch live video/audio streams from your Android devices.
This app is one of 3 pieces of software to set up a complete video surveillance network on your property. The set up mimics the traditional video security system, with Android devices serving as cameras, and a PC as storage server.
* No account/registration required
* Record when motion is detected
* Record when sound is detected
* Email when recording is triggered
* Remotely view live video streams
* Remotely switch front or back camera
* GPS tracking feature (if desired)
* Videos stored on your local server
* Password protection for server
* Up to 5 devices per server instance
* Only $2/year for one server license
- Internet Access
- Windows PC for server
Must install from http://reelcam.blogspot.com/p/download.html these 2 OTHER software:
1) ReelCam Remote Controller - let you remotely view/control each Android camera device from anywhere
2) ReelCam Local Server - the brain of the system: record video, send alerts, connecting controller and clients
For remote access to your Android devices from the net, enable port forwarding. Or use Dropbox cloud backup to remotely view recorded videos. Or set up your server on the internet or cloud instead of the local network.
Read and post QUESTIONS on my blog here: http://reelcam.blogspot.com
BUSINESSES: Please contact email@example.com if interested in a customized app.
Problems with the app? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With so many different devices out there, there will be some that is not compatible. I only have a few devices to test the app on. As an independent developer, I don't really have time to monitor the reviews for complaints. I can quickly response to problems if I am notified via email.