About MyPlace- Location Tracker GPS
(It is not for driving)
Starting from Version 6.9, you can calibrate the compass by long click(pressing down the compass on/off button until the calibration panel appear), do the same thing to make the calibration panel disappear.
This app was tested on Samsung S7, S7 edge, Samsung Tab 2, Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia L and all devices could run it with expected good performance..
What My Place can do for you:
* Save your current location.
* Save your moving tracks.
* Manually save locations where you are going to.
* Manually save routes which is for your travel planning.
* Sending your current location to other people, even they don't have "My Place", they can see your current location on Google Maps and iOS Maps. This function is very useful if you lost your friends or relatives while traveling.
* Selecting to use GPS receiver or Cell Tower Network for location tracking.
* When your device doesn't connect to the internet
- It may be still able to record your current location and moving tracks.
- It may be still able to load record locations and routes.
- It may be still able to show you direction with recorded locations and moving tracks but without maps support.
* Show your current location in GPS Latitude and Longitude format.
* You can retrieve GPS Latitude and Longitude of any locations showing on google map.
If you find the compass in your Samsung S7/ S7 edge isn't accurate, you need to calibrate it.
Watch this Youtube video to learn how to calibrate the compass now.
Please feel free to visit the website for further information:
How to use it while traveling
Why I created My Place? A little story behind My Place.
I still remember my journey to Tokyo, Japanese that was fun. Unfortunately, I forgot where I have been after came back my home town even looking at those photos. I was only able to recall my memories of famous attractions, such as Mount Fuji, Disneyland and so on. I saw something interesting in somewhere and ate something delicious at some nice restaurants, Where are they exactly, I couldn't tell.
Because of this experience, I started to create the app named My Place for recording my current location and moving tracks. It doesn't only allow me to review a journey, but also allow me to plan my next journey.
Furthermore, I would use My Place not only for travelling aboard but as well as in my own country. Sometimes, I go to a place where I have never been before, I would record a track that I go from a train station to that place. Then, loading the track on map to direct me back to the train station when I need to go home.
In addition, I could save locations and routes manually prior my travel. So, I don't need to search a place with google map again and again.
I tried to use My Place to plan my journey to Osaka and used it while traveling in Osaka. It worked well for me. By using it, I didn't have any problems caused by finding ways Also, I recorded attractions while I was traveling. So, I could review the attractions for writing my blog entries and telling the locations of attractions accurately .