About What's That? Games for Babies
Whats That, lets you take your own pictures, or load pictures from your phone, and record your own sounds to go along with the images.
Wish you could just take your own pictures, and make your own sounds to teach your baby?
Whats That helps your baby learn to recognize shapes, objects, animals, letters, numbers and more through visual, auditory, and textual representations.
For example, you can help your baby learn his/her family by looking at pictures, while hearing your very own voice telling saying "Mommy", "Daddy", "Grandma", or "Grandpa".
Or you can even teach your baby what sounds different animals make. Simply snap ( or load ) a picture of a dog, and record your voice saying "ruff" or "bark".
- Make your own flashcard galleries using images from your phone, or by snapping a picture!
- Baby listens to mommy or daddy's voice teach them!
- Record your own sounds to go along with images!
- Images are copied. So deleting a What'sThat image will not disturb your originals
- Kid Mode/ Parent Mode so your child can't edit the galleries or purchase items
- Record your own encouragement (e.g. "Good Job!", "Perfect", "Thats Right!")
- Record your own "What's That" question (e.g. record "Who's That?" or "Do you know what this is?")
HOW IT WORKS
What's That consists of "Cards"(i.e. a picture along with a recorded sound), and "Galleries"(groups of Cards). When you click on a Card, 3 things happen - 1) A beginning message is played(default is "What's that?")
2) A second message is played(describing what the card depicts, or you could even record your own animal noises for instance)
3) A final message is played(called an Encouragement). The Encouragement message is exactly that - something you typically tell your kids when they answer correctly.
You can edit all three of these sounds.
This app has 2 modes - Kid Mode and Parent Mode. To switch modes, simply go to Settings and click the mode.
You must be in Parent mode in order to modify cards, record sounds, delete cards, and add text to Cards.
HOW TO START
-Add a Gallery by clicking the + icon at the top of the main screen.
-To delete or rename a Gallery, click and hold down on a Gallery.
-Once you've created your own Gallery, click on that Gallery, then add a Card by clicking on the Camera icon at the top of the screen(only in Parent Mode). You can select an image from your phone, or use your camera(only in Parent Mode).
-Next, you can record a sound to go along with the Card by clicking the Microphone icon at the top of the screen(Only in Parent Mode).
-Then, you can add text to to the Card, by clicking the "T" icon at the top of the screen(Only in Parent Mode).
-To delete a Card, click the Trash Can icon at the top of the screen(Only in Parent Mode).
-To record the first message that is played(default is "What's That?"), go to Settings, and click Record under "WHATS THAT AUDIO".
-To record the final message that is played, click Record under "ADD SOME ENCOURAGEMENT" in Settings.